GET YOUR PC REALLY HAPPENING IN 2019
FOR THE Sixers
Because one of your roles on the PC is to represent your Six members, it’s a good idea to catch up with them before PC and collect their ideas and information. Some Packs have regular Six time, but if not, make sure this catch up time is written into the program on the Pack night, camp or activity prior to PC. You’ll probably only need about 10 minutes before a standard PC, but need to allow longer before your major program planning Councils.
Some of the things to cover with your Six and bring along to PC include:
- Ideas for:
- Pack nights
- Adventurous activities
- District events
- Pack fundraising
- Community work
- Other specialist badges, such as Messengers of Peace, Waterwise Badge
You’ll also want to make some notes about any problems or challenges you’re experiencing with Six members and want to discuss, including any behavioral issues. You can all work together to figure out solutions and help the Pack run better.
FOR THE CSL & Sixers
The CSL and Sixers can work together to organise the following ready for PC:
- the Info Book – available in hard copy and on the Vic Scout website, so extra copies of the calendar and other info can be printed off
- Region & District event info
- upcoming Leadership Course dates and info
- Adventurous Activity options and ideas (Info Book )
- list of different campsites, including info about facilities, contacts etc (Info Book)
- program ideas from other Packs (Seeonee – where the Cub Scout Leaders in the District get together & Australian Scout Mag)
- hike location ideas (Seeonee, Australian Scout Mag, hiking books and magazines)
- (CSL) info from Group Council about Group activities, Joey Scouts ready to start linking, cross section activities etc
- year, term and Pack night blank programs (see links to the right) and copies of any upcoming programs already filled in.